Monday, July 30, 2012

Three months and Three Reasons…


This weekend, Libby and I celebrated being married three months.  It has easily been the best three months of my life and I could never have imagined the abounding positive effects that such a wonderful person could impart on me.    I wanted to list three of the most important ways Libby has brought enjoyment to my life. 

First and foremost, she is the funniest person I know bar none.  Her sense of humor transcends all categorization, and no matter the situation, her ability to make me laugh is surpassed by no one.  Whether it is situational, high-brow, sarcasm, self-deprecating, or most likely slapstick, I am enamored with her gut busting ability to bring me to tears (from laughing). 

Secondly, her kindness and thoughtfulness amazes me on a daily basis.  She makes me such a better person through the level of emphasis she places on making others feel welcome and appreciated.   She loves to entertain and to maximize the enjoyment of any visitor.  My ability to entertain and make people feel welcome has been very much augmented with her by my side.  She strives harder than anyone I know to show thanks to people for even the smallest acts of kindness.  I only hope that I can become more like her with my own ability to portray these attributes.   

Finally, her ability to show love and affection is insurmountable.  I have never met someone with so much love to give.  She is so endearing and makes me feel more special than any person I have ever encountered.  I try to show her the same level of affection and love she shows me, but I am sure it pales in comparison.

Overall, getting married to Libby has been the best decision of my life.  Every day I wake up and realize how lucky I am to be with someone so great.  It is humbling, and I will try every day of my life to provide her with the same immense amount of love she has shown me.  I love you Libby, and I am thrilled that I will get to spend the rest of my life with you, the best person I know.

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet and thoughtful, I am so thrilled for you guys!! Cheers to many, many wonderful years!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babe! What a nice surprise, and post. Made me cry a little. :( lol! Thank you for the kind words - I am so glad I get to love you. But, now you've shown me up a little... everyone that reads our blog is going to be disappointed you don't post more often! haha Happy 3 months - love you so so much.

    ReplyDelete