Sunday, July 22, 2012

Busy Busy Sanfords!

This summer has been so much fun, but also really busy. Lots of time with family, friends, house projects, traveling, cooking, and lots of other fun activities!

We started remodeling the bathroom off the kitchen last week, and we are already DONE! We still have some decoration to do. I want to find an antique mirror to put in there - if you have any suggestions of places to look, let me know!! Tom and I busted through this remodel. We keep joking this is our fastest remodel to date. We are having some friends over for dinner this week, so we gave ourselves a date and we got it done. Side note: it was also our smallest project, but we are still proud! Tom tore everything out, we both painted and stained, Tom was the mastermind behind putting in the new sink, toilet, lighting, and outlets. He is good ladies and gents!

We tried a new dinner spot on Friday with our group of friends called Port Fonda. We LOVED it! They all wear these cute denim shirts, and old school Kansas City hats - that were designed by two local fashion designers. Fun drinks including, a good blood orange margarita, the best guac I've eaten...ever, and an original tasty menu. This place started as a food truck and just opened in Westport a few weeks ago. I had a this pork meatball sandwich (very spicy but great!), and Tom got pork tacos. If you are in KC - go there!

We went to the farmer's market Saturday morning, and out with some of Tom's work friends on Saturday night and had the best time. We went to O'Dowds on the Plaza, and it was so nice to catch up with everyone. Sunday my dad and Emily stopped by to say hello! We enjoyed some ice tea, and good conversation!! We ALWAYS love to have visitors. That night I made squash blossom, goat cheese pizza that was amazing, if I do say so myself.


Port Fonda

Cool Port Fonda sign - love this place!
Yummy margarita at Port Fonda
The love of my life and I at Port Fonda!
Squash blossoms from the farmers market.

Yummy tomatoes at the farmers market
Ahhhh! So amazing!!
AFTER bathroom 
Brown on the walls - khaki on the ceiling 
My paint job on the ceiling 
Before bathroom 
BEFORE Bathroom

I love this apron sink vanity we found. Very rustic!!

2 comments:

  1. Port Fonda is DELICIOUS, whoever you are reading this... go there now and eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try Port Fonda!!! Going there ASAP!
    I know of a great place to look for Antique Mirrors...Good Ju Ju. It's in the West Bottoms and they're only open on the first Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of a month. They have all kind of furniture that's antique and been refinished...and some that you have to refinish yourself. It's great!
    Also, have you heard of Chalk Paint? It's not the same thing as Chalk-board paint, instead, it's a paint that makes a piece of furniture look antiqued without all the work. I've seen Chalk Paint done on some furniture in a house and it looked great! They told me they found it on this blog: http://www.perfectlyimperfectblog.com/
    Might be work checking it out!! :)

    ReplyDelete