Friday, July 27, 2012

The Birds

Last night we had Scott and Meghan Bird over for dinner and had so much fun! They get their own blog post shout out because because Meghan is one of my few loyal blog followers. (and by few I mean 3) She is always so sweet and leaves comments. Meghan actually inspired me to start a blog and I follow her's.

Tom and I tried our first fish and chicken tacos. I found a recipe that had great reviews online. Everything was great, except I didn't really like the fact that you had to beer batter and fry the meat/fish. Don't get me wrong... it was yummy - just not the healthiest fish tacos. The deep fat frying also resulted in our first (and hopefully last home fire) it was very minor and involved a paper towel. I am happy to say that Tom and I stayed calm, and collected to put out the fire. Smoky the bear would be so proud! We also had some delicious fresh salsa that the Bird's brought over.

It was really fun to catch up, relax, and enjoy their company! We are lucky to have Scott and Meghan as our friends.

Fresh flowers that Tom picked up
We tried out our new rice cooker too!
Peppers from the garden!
Deep fried fish and chicken

1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun hanging out with you both!!! Can't wait to do it again soon!

    Guess what?!?! We also made your recipe for the Salted Caramel Ice Cream last night, we loved it!!

    ReplyDelete