Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sanford Salmon Special!

Tom and I practiced our culinary skills on Saturday night, and made a delicious dinner together. We both really enjoy cooking, and especially when we get to do it together. Tom is my sous chef... well, Tom thinks that I am his sous chef - which means most of the time when we cook we are both running around wondering when the real chef is going to pop out of the pantry.

Our menu consisted of:
Salmon with our fancy new salmon rub we got from Chris and Katrina Mulally
Beet, leek, and bacon salad 
Asparagus with almonds and yogurt dressing
and the icing on the cake...
Salted caramel ice cream for dessert

Tom and I don't eat a lot of seafood, so this was our first try at cooking salmon. I think it turned out pretty well! To the other salmon eaters out there - what are you supposed to do with the scales? Eat them? Take them off before cooking? After?

The asparagus recipe - not good. Wouldn't recommend it. (Too much paprika) This time it wasn't my cooking either, just a weird recipe.

The beet and leek salad - very yummy! Easy to make, and leftovers to enjoy too.

Salted caramel ice cream - amazing. As soon as we got done Tom said, "This is our new signature ice cream." I wasn't aware that we had an underground Ben and Jerry's start up in our house, but I am totally okay with having a signature ice cream.

It was a fun Saturday night, and a great meal. We let our food digest while watching the Marylin Monroe movie with, Michelle Williams in the basement. Today we are working off all those calories while replacing boards on the deck, a trip to Costco, painting doors, and finishing up organizing the office upstairs.

The cure gin and titonic ice cube trays Tom got me! 

My sous chef. (He's pretty good - a good hire if I do say so myself!) 

Added bonus for Saturday night cooking.  
Salmon fillets. 

The yummy rub!

Love asparagus. 

Beets from the garden. We had 3-4 different kinds of beets in our salad. 
Saturday night at the Sanfords! 
Cheers to a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment