Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Garden

We are starting to enjoy the fruit of our labor from the garden. We didn't plant as much this year with all the commotion and excitement of the wedding taking place at the same time we needed to plant things. Tom has an excellent eye for what we should plant, how, and where... and I have a bit of a green thumb if I do say so myself. I talk to those little beans and seeds before we put them in the dirt. A bit of a pep talk, if you will.

Now I will give you a quick digital tour of the garden! If you are in the area and would like any herbs or veggies, please swing by and let us know! We love to share our bounty.
These are the baby hops on the vine
Hop Vines 
A multiple assortment of lettuce
Up close shot of the lettuce 
Kale
We found a great recipe to make kale chips - delicious! 
Lemon basil 
Baby tomatoes poking out to say hello! 

Yellow summer squash 
Beets... lots of beets. We love beets!!!
Tom's booty - working on the garden. I know ALL of you wanted to see this. ;)
Our herb box - basil, chives, thyme, rosemary, tarragon, oregano  


2 comments: