Friday, June 29, 2012

Celebrating Two Months of Marriage!

Yesterday Tom and I celebrated our two month wedding anniversary. We are celebrating by working, folding laundry, eating leftover pasta for lunch, and sweating in this Kansas heat! No, but really... we are celebrating with eachother and are so happy that we have had two fun, exciting months of marriage. We went to dinner at Nica's 320, and came home to play cards, and Mario on the (very old!) Nintendo.

Things We've learned about marriage in the first two months:


1. Changing your name, bank accounts, mortgage, insurance, social security card, car title, and passport are all SO easy and a ton of fun. (Insert sarcastic look and voice here) I am happy to announce that on all documentation, accounts, and records I am now Mrs. Libby E. Sanford.

2. Combining your lives is hard. (but really fun too) You could say that Tom and I are both 'collectors.' Finding a place for all of our "stuff", and getting it organized was interesting. Tom collects beer equipment, beer, gardening tools, tools in general, guns, fiance books, hunting supplies, and of course magazines to support all the previous listed hobbies. I would like to consider myself more of a simplified and focused collector of... clothes. We not only combined our "stuff," but we are making our house a home and getting some new fun "stuff" along the way. i.e. See previous post about the world's best kitchen buffet.


3. The Sanfords love to travel! In the past 60 days we were able to make it to Negril, Jamaica, Seattle, and are heading to Illinois next week. Can't wait for many more road trips, vacations, and adventures.

4. Household roles may never be defined and we are totally okay with that. In the past 60 days Tom and I have both done our share our cooking, cleaning, hosting, lawn mowing, and taking out the trash. I don't want to brag, but I will. I mowed the lawn twice and have the blister to prove it. I love that we can both help out when needed. Tom even helped me clean up my botched manicure job with finger nail polish remover. He is going to kill me for divulging this, but hey - sometimes that left hand is hard to get to!

5. Once you get married people seem to think it's okay to have verbal diarrhea and ask you,  "When are you guys having kids?" If I had a dollar for everytime I have been asked a baby question in the past 60 days - I would have a great new pair of jeans! So, if anyone reads our blog... we of course want to have kids, but we are in no hurry and have lots of places to go and people to see. Puppy first, then kids.

6. Being married is a LOT of fun. I love getting to see Tom every single day, and wake up next to him every morning. Through it all we both agree that together our lives are better together. Can't wait for many, many, many more years.

Like I said, Tom and I have 60 days of marriage under our belt so if you need any marriage advice we are now taking appointments. 



We went to dinner at Nica's 320 in Kansas City. It's a fun fusion restaurant!! 
This stuffed creature greets me in the garage. It's up for debate why we have it, and what it is. Ew. 
Nica's 320 menu - lots of delicious food. 
It's Nintendo time! (I was a lot better than Tom!)




2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha.... it's a rat on a stick. :) Nica's was great!! Excited for many more years! Love you babe!

    ReplyDelete