Sunday, August 5, 2012

Royals, Crock Pot Meals, and Puppies - (not all together of course!)

This was a fun and relaxing weekend. We got some stuff done around the house, cooking, and of course fit in a little fun! We were puppy sitting for our friends, Chris and Erica. Ellie is such a cute puppy, it's hard not to love her. She is a cockapoo (cocker spaniel and poodle mix). She is a ball of energy, but as long as you take her on some long walks, she is pretty cuddly too. I think this was another good practice run for when Tom and I decide to get a dog. It's definitely a HUGE responsibility adjustment. When we were at the Royals game it was in the back of mind what she was doing, and if she was okay.

We don't have a fence, so that will be another thing we have to figure out before we make the leap into the pet owner world. I think when we get a dog we will get a bigger dog... maybe a lab, golden retriever, bernese mountain dog, or great dane? (Tom, would never let me have a great dane.) I am sure it might be awhile because of all the work we are doing on the house. I would love to find a dog that doesn't shed, but adopting from a shelter is important to me. Adopt people- there are way too many dogs out there in shelters not to!!

We went to the Royals game with the Tradebot crew on Saturday. It was the perfect evening to go with cool weather. We didn't end up winning, but with good friends, food, and a nice air conditioned suite we couldn't complain!

Sunday afternoon we cooked up a storm! We went to Costco and Price Chopper and loaded up on groceries to make FIVE crockpot recipes, and a total of EIGHT meals. I think this will come in really handy when we are busier this fall, and just want to throw something in for dinner when we get off work. We found a great blog that provided the grocery list and recipes: http://melissafallistestkitchen.blogspot.com/2011/09/freezer-cooking-slow-cooker-meals.html I am excited to try them out! It only took us about two hours, and it was fun to cook together.

We have been Olympic watching fools! Anytime I have an extra five minutes you can find me glued to the TV. I love watching the gymnastics, swimming, and of course track and field. GO USA!


Tom and I at the Tradebot suite!
Go Royals!
Snuggly  Ellie with Tom! They were out. 
Taking Ellie home. :(
Ellie in the kitchen acting as my sous chef. 
Our crockpot recipe extravaganza!
All our organized baggies. 
All done! Yummmmmmmy. 
Only a few of our recipes.
All done, and ready for a busy evening in the fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment