Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Jamaica Mon!

Tom and I have been so excited about the wedding and busy planning the details that we haven't had much time to think about the honeymoon. We spent MANY hours researching a honeymoon spot after we got engaged, and we decided on Jamaica!

Our requirements were:
1. It was a warm destination. 
2. It was somewhere that neither of us had been.
3. It was an all inclusive resort.
4. It was a good combination of fun activities and relaxation.
5. We get to be together. (duh!)

Normally when Tom or I plan a vacation we love to research our destination in and out. Finding unique food spots, breweries, and popular tourist attractions make enjoying a vacation all that more fun. But, after planning a wedding we are ready to just sit back, relax and enjoy our resort, Couples Negril. We are going to take scuba diving classes, snorkel, lay out, fish, run, have a massage (maybe two?), and eat and drink until we are so full we can't talk anymore.

Jamaica is going to be so fun! Our resort has great reviews on Trip Advisor, and has won several awards. Not to mention amazing beaches, nice people, and I get to travel with my favorite person! Plus, I am slightly obsessed with Bob Marley (thanks to my dad!) and this trip has given me a great excuse to download lots of reggae music. 

One of the best things about being with Tom is I never get sick of him. (I will go back and read this at our 50th wedding anniversary) Of course we bicker and get irritated at each other like most couples, but I genuinely love being around him and love his company. Tom is a "vault of information" he will be able to tell you a random fact about anything from the plastic cup your drinking out of to the beer inside that cup. I am so lucky to be in love with such an intelligent, fun, and interesting person! I cannot wait to spend a week with just Tom and I.

 26 days til Jamaica Mon! 

Jamaica! I am sure we will have lots of fun stories, pictures, and times.

Our Resort!

That hammock and I might become best friend's.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a WONDERFUL HONEYMOON!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!
    Cheers!!! :)

    ReplyDelete