Monday, April 16, 2012

Happy National Grilled Cheese Day!!

This past week was National Grilled Cheese Day!

This is amusing and fun for me for a couple reasons.
1. I love cheese. It may or may not be one of the best things to come into my life. (After Tom of course)

2. Tom and I have a story behind the ol' grilled cheese sandwich. 

One of the first times I met Tom I was living in a house with three girls in Brookside. My roommate Andrea, was dating one of Tom's good friends. A group of about 8 of us all came back to our house after an evening out on the town to hang out and grab a late night snack. I decided it would be a great idea to make grilled cheese sandwiches for everyone. To make a very long story short, I made the grilled cheese sandwiches on TOP of a gas stove on a cookie sheet. No one died, and I didn't burn the house down, but Tom still teases me to this day about my amazing culinary skills that night. Little does he know... I was on to something brilliant that night. We later found this recipe for grilled cheese: http://ow.ly/ajgaR


I celebrated National Grilled Cheese Day the best way I know how... eating a grilled cheese. Duh! I hope I continue to celebrate and indulge in this wonderful culinary holiday!

Don't worry - I only ate one!

No comments:

Post a Comment