Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter!

Tom and I had a very relaxing Easter weekend. I had every intention of documenting our Easter Sunday but between church and a food coma (Food Coma: A state in which a person is generally lethargic, lazy, and very full from eating a large meal) I got distracted and didn't take hardly any photos. Sorry!

Our Easter started out with a packed service at church. It was fun to see that many people at our church, and all of the little ankle bitters dressed up in their Easter garb. One kid even had dinosaur rain boots on - how cute! We couldn't have asked for nicer weather in Kansas City.

After church we went to World Market in Westport because I have had my eye on some dining room chairs there, and I got an email that morning that said they were on sale. The Easter Bunny DOES exist! They had the chairs in stock and we got a great deal. (pictures below!)

We made a delicious Caesar Salad, that I would highly recommend. It has anchovies in it that add a lot of great flavor to the salad. Don't worry they are minced very small. We enjoyed lunch with Abby & Kyle FitzGerald and Rob and Ashley Malone. We celebrated Easter the best way we know how... eating Italian food! We gorged on lasagna, pasta carbonara, focaccia bread, cauliflower, my caesar salad, and topped it off with tiramisu.  Yum! It was a really fun and relaxing afternoon.

Tom and I went home and put our new chairs together, and went on a nice walk in Fairway. All in all it was a GREAT Easter. Best one yet! :) I included the few pictures that I took below. I would also like to note that this is my last Easter as a single lady. Happy Easter!

New chairs! They are wonderful.

Abby! Thanks so much for hosting a yummy Easter lunch.

It was a great church service.

I decorated the mantel... no furniture but hey! I have stuff on the mantel.


More new chairs! These will go on the end of the table.
The Malones (and Tom's feet). It was gorgeous out.

No comments:

Post a Comment