Sunday, October 14, 2012

Weekend Update!

Tom and I didn't have any real plans this weekend and it was amazing. Friday night we prepped the upstairs bathroom that we are working on for painting. We got ALL of the priming, and painting done on Saturday and things are really starting to come together.

It was so nice to be able to relax, cook some, and get a lot of work done on the bathroom. This Friday we leave for Milwaukee (so excited), so it was good to have a weekend to catch up on things.

In other news...
  • Tom and I are still training for our 5k and got new tennis shoes. They will of course make us run faster.
  • We went to see the movie "The Looper" - very good, and I would recommend it. Bruce Willis does a great job, and it was a good combination of sci-fi and action. Very unique story line! 
  • We have been pretty lucky to get out to Ozawkie 4-5 times in the last month to see Toms dad, Barb, and the rest of the family. Byron and Barb are heading south to Sun City, Arizona in a few days. They are going to stay down there for the winter, and relax in the warm sun. (I am a little jealous!) We were glad that we got to see them before their trip down. Safe travels Byron and Barb!! We hope we can come see you soon. 
  • I have been stashing all the bananas that I cannot eat fast enough in the freezer. Today was National Banana Day (not really, I made that up) - so I decided to use all of them. I made chocolate chip banana pancakes for breakfast, and 2 loaves of banana bread this afternoon. Yummy! 


That's all I got! I am sure I will have lots of exciting pictures and stories from our Milwaukee trip. It's going to be SO awesome to get away. This will be a cheese, food, beer-centric trip. We plan to hit up 2 breweries, eat a ton of cheese, the Historic Third Ward art district for some shopping, walk along the river, and relax! If you have been to Milwaukee, and are reading this we would love any recommendations or suggestions!!

Making banana pancakes!

My new kicks! So comfy and bright!
Our color choices for the bathroom!
Banana bread in the making. 
Delicious!
Hawaiian cauliflower crust pizza
You tape everything off and we are trying out our new paint sprayer. The cabinets will be white! 
Paint on the walls... things are coming together. 
Tom is hard at work!!
Our color choices. I am super happy with the wall color! 

1 comment:

  1. The bathroom is looking awesome!! It looks like you'll definitely have it done by the Thanksgiving deadline! :)
    Yummy banana pancakes!!!
    Can't wait to hang soon!

    ReplyDelete