Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Welcoming in My 26th Year!

Today I celebrated my 26th birthday! Actually, thanks to Tom I have been celebrating for several days now. On Saturday he took me to get a haircut, manicure, and pedicure. Talk about special treatment!! Then we went to eat at Michael Smith, the place where we went on our first date. We both enjoyed an amazing dinner, and eachother's company.

Today I spent the whole day with my good friends Abby and Erica. We ate sushi, went shopping, did some patio drinking, ate cupcakes, and did some serious girl talk! It was so relaxing and fun. If only we could do this everyday!!! haha I came home and Tom fixed me dinner, pasta carbonara, asparagus, and fresh bread. All homemade. All amazing. YUMMY!!!!!!

I had so many nice phone calls, and texts today. I have the best friends and family in the world. I feel so blessed, and really appreciate all the special people in my life. I thought what better way to remind myself of this even more then write out 26 blessings/things I am thankful for! (in no specific order!)

  1. My health
  2. Tom (he's the best!)
  3. My parents 
  4. My brother and sister (have went through SO much with these two)
  5. My amazing family 
  6. My education 
  7. Tom's education 
  8. My car 
  9. All of our FUN friends 
  10. My freedom 
  11. Our home 
  12. My grandma- I know I already said my family, but she's awesome and gets her own shout out.
  13. My-inlaws 
  14. Having the ability to travel to so many great places
  15. Being able to laugh at myself 
  16. The amazing fall weather 
  17. My belief and relationship with God 
  18. GOOD food
  19. Wine... yeah, I said it. 
  20. The kindness of strangers 
  21. The hard/crappy times... because it makes me appreciate the good times that much more
  22. Technology 
  23. Puppies... I don't have one - but, I will one day and I will be thankful for it
  24. Our wedding memories
  25. Alpha Chi Omega
  26. K-State


Surprise flowers at home from Thomas!
The most delicious birthday dinner Tom made me. 
He's so sneaky!
Aren't my friends cute?!
My manicure from Tom... well he didn't give me the manicure - just planned it!
Christopher Elbow chocolates
New hair! 
Birthday goodies in the mail from mi madre. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay for your 26th year Libby!!! I hope it's your best year yet!!! :)
    Your hair looks beautiful, by the way!! And love the fall nail polish color!
    See you guys this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete