Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mr. and Mrs. Sanford

We are married, we tied the knot, we took the plunge, he's got the ol' ball and chain, we got hitched... and we are officially living - life after the aisle. I feel like this blog post could be about 40,000 paragraphs long, to describe the happiness and excitement that I feel about being married to Tom. I will try and make it brief and break it down as best as possible.

Leading up to the wedding: It was so fun to have all of our friends and family in town. It really is surreal to have all your loved ones in one place at one time. We have the best friends and family we could ask for and we are so lucky to celebrate with them. The days leading up to the wedding I was nervous and excited. I was never nervous to marry Tom, just nervous that all of our hard work and planning wouldn't pay off.

The wedding: We could not have asked for a more perfect day. I mean we are the luckiest people...ever. The weather was beautiful, we even had a few sprinkles for good luck but not enough to ruin our day. My friend Ale was amazing and so helpful to make sure that things were in place, and people were where they were supposed to be. She really helped to make my day as stress free as possible. The ceremony was beautiful, my dad and Tristan did a wonderful job playing a song while we lit the unity candle. Reading my vows to Tom made me realize even more how much I loved him, and how excited I was to spend the rest of our lives together. The ceremony was a blast - our friends and family can dance!

We will get our photos back from the photographer in about a week, and cannot wait to relive the day though pictures. If you have any photos, videos, or fun memories from the night please share! I will be sure to write a post about our amazing honeymoon soon.

Thank you to all our friends and family that were there to share our special day with us. Tom and I are working (slowly) on the thank you notes!! ;)


I loved this day more than anything! (photo credit: Chris Thowe)

My handsome groom and husband!

Loved having my dad walk me down the aisle, he means so much to me and is an amazing dad!

I do! Me too!

Best night of my life. Great memories, amazing toasts, killer dance moves, and the best husband, family and friends a girl could dream of!!


4 comments:

  1. Yay for being your married life beginning!! I am so happy for you both!! Your wedding was so fun and sounds like you're going to love reliving it!! :) I do the same with ours!! lol!


    P.S. I love the pic in front of the J.C. Nichols Fountain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Meghan! :) Lets have a newlywed get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh Thanks for the shout out lib! your wedding was seriously perfect and so much fun. My favorite part was the honor of organizing and "bossing".. i think it is my secret calling... and of course seeing one of my dearest friends happier than i've ever seen her (you!) CONGRATS PRETTY!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete