Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mrs. Sanford

My cousin, Molly was so sweet and sent me an early bridal shower gift in the mail this week. I was so thrilled to open the package and find a personalized, purple, comfy sweatshirt! The front has 'BRIDE' down the side and the back reads: Mrs. Sanford 4-28-2012. This will be perfect to wear the day of the wedding while getting ready, and on the plane when leaving for our honeymoon, or frankly for the rest of my life! ;) It will be good motivation to stay in shape so I can wear this fabulous sweatshirt forever. I had originally pinned this to my Pinterest board and Molly was so sneaky and found this. It was a very, very thoughtful gift. Thank you Molly!


The sweatshirt really got me thinking about becoming "Mrs. Sanford." I'm not going to lie when Tom and I were filling out our marriage license, and I came across the line that read: New Last Name I had a bit of an emotional breakdown. I think part of it might have been the lack of sleep and stress from wedding planning, but I have been a Connell my whole life, and sometimes change can be hard.

Connell has been good to me, it's gotten me out of a few speeding tickets in El Dorado, alphabetically I always got to go first, and hello... it fits perfectly into the Snoop Dogg rap song. (Ask, and I will gladly sing it for you!) But, on the other end of the spectrum I am SO excited to become a Sanford. I can't wait for Tom and I to start a new "era" and all the wonderful things that will come along with being Mrs. Libby Sanford. Has a nice ring to it, right? Not to mention that people actually know how to pronounce Sanford. It's Con-el people, not Conal. (kidding!)

Random Fact: Were you wondering where Mrs. comes from? Weird!? So was I... 

"Mrs. is a contraction derived from Middle English maistresse, “female teacher, governess or head of household.” <---- That's right, head of household. Whoop whoop!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! I am obsessed with it. :) See you sooooon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! i'm catching up on your blog. you are so welcome, i love you very much! you are MARRIED!! enjoy the honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete