Friday, April 19, 2013

I Made Almond Milk!

While we were on our trip in Costa Rica, my sister-in-law, Jenny explained to me how she had recently made almond milk and suggested I try it! It sounded delicious, so I immediately went to Costco when I got home and bought 3lbs of almonds. 

This is the recipe I used: http://www.ohnuts.com/blog/2011/03/how_to_make_almond_milk_recipe_1.html

What you will need: 


  • 4 cups water
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1.5 tbsp maple syrup or honey
  • dash cinnamon

Other equipment:

  • Blender
  • metal strainer
  • cheesecloth
They only time consuming part is soaking the almonds in the water overnight. I just used a tiny bit of honey instead of maple syrup. I am excited for my family to try it this weekend! 




I added a dash of cinnamon and vanilla to the milk
blend the almond and water

put the milky/almond mixture through the cheese cloth
In case you were wondering what blended almonds looked like! Ew!
Squeezing the milk out of the cheese cloth. 
Allll done. 

1 comment:

  1. I love how adventurous you are in trying to make new things!!! :)

    ReplyDelete