Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Kansas Weather

After typing that blog title, I had to remind myself that I am not a 65 year old woman only concerned with the weather. Wow. Hopefully this post isn't too boring!

We are having some crazy weather in Kansas this past week. On Monday it got up to 75 degrees and I ate lunch on a patio. Tuesday we had thunderstorms and tornado warnings, and today it is freezing and snowing. Needless to say I am ready for spring!!

Tom and I are counting down the days til our Costa Rica trip. We can't wait for warm weather and sandy beaches. If you have been to Costa Rica and are reading this blog, I want to hear your recommendations of things to see and places to stay. There is so much to do that Tom and I are having a hard time deciding.

Other updates include...

We painted our mailbox and numbers on our house. Although, not as exciting as some of our home improvement projects it really is nice to freshen these up, and we notice a big difference!

Tom and I have been working out and going to the gym a lot. I am really loving the gym we joined by our house, and I think the facility and convenience make me want to go more. We have went to several spin classes, and really enjoy those. Let's hope I can keep it up for a long time!! My dad and grandma have always instilled the importance of exercising to me. I love playing sports, and being active. I am a very competitive person, so I have just had to find a way to be competitive with myself while working out. Does that make any sense? :)

The guys are still working on our house and making progress. It's crazy to see how fast things go with them working on it. We are hoping they will be done by this weekend so we can finish up the tile and lighting and have our kitchen back. All of our kitchen furniture is living in our bedroom right now - so I am very ready for things to go back to normal. It's been hard to find meals to cook that don't involve using much of the plastic/dust covered counter.

We are heading to our friends Ben and Scott's house to watch the Superbowl this Sunday. We aren't cheering for anyone in particular. (I think I like the 49ers better though, because that Ray Lewis guy gives me the creeps)

Welp, that's all I got. Enjoy some pictures of the snow!





My view from work. 

Our home covered in snow. This photo inspired me to want to take a photo of our home every season, and have it in our house somewhere! 

Our street! 

1 comment:

  1. Love your pictures! Glad to hear the popcorn ceiling demolition is going well... And hopefully almost over!! Go superbowl!!!

    ReplyDelete