Friday, February 24, 2012

Date Night at Bluestem

Tom had bought a Groupon for Kansas City's Bluestem. Bluestem is located in Wesport,and is a multi-nominee for “Best Chef Midwest” by the James Beard Foundation. It is progressive style dining, and the Groupon was the 5 course option. I got Tom the cookbook for Christmas so we will def. have to try some new recipes. We took several pictures but it was really dark so, you will have to excuse our horrible photos. Overall we give it 4.3 out of 5 stars on the Libby and Tom dining scale.  It was a great date night. Glad we got to relax and spend time together. Cheers!
Service: 5
Price For What You Get: 4.2
Drinks: 4.8
Food: 4.5
Tom tried the foie gras... brave, brave soul. (He was not a fan.)

I woke my seafood tastebuds up and tried the cod.

We both got the beef dish on the menu. Very yummy.

Forgot to get a picture of this dish... oops! Must have been good.

Yummy drinks!!

We had honey roasted, spicy cayenne nuts. Delicious! But, if I did it again I would save more room for dinner.


We both started out with the blood orange salad.  Chrysanthemum, blood orange cloud, goat cheese, tangerine, and grapefruit.
Next, I had the warm green garlic soup with egg. It was my favorite dish of the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment